- Our Institute
Application for Full-time Lecturer Position (extension of application)
According to the Mahidol University’s announcement on 4 October 2016 inviting applicants for Lecturer position at Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies (IHRP), Mahidol University would like to extend the application deadline to 28 February 2017 upon the request of IHRP. Any successful applicant will be appointed as University Employee. The details are as follows:
Applicants must have general qualifications under Civil Service Act, B.E. 2535, where mutatis mutandis shall apply and details of the position-specific qualifications are provided in the attachment.
Application documents shall be submitted via 2 options:
3.1 Via Mailing at “Human Resource Department, 4th Floor, 999 Moo 5, the Office of President Building, Mahidol University, Salaya, Phuttamonthon, Nakhon Pathom province, 73170” with an indication on the right-top of envelop “Application for Job Title”
1) A recent photograph (1x1 inch) Photograph must have a full-faced view of the personwithout wearing a hat or dark glasses.
2) A photocopy of degree certificate; if the applicant has not received an original degree certificate yet, the document/letter signed by the person officially authorized to indicate that the applicant have completed the degree already should be provided.
3) A photocopy of academic transcripts.
4) A photocopy of household registration and Identity card (for Thai applicant); A photocopy of passport (for Foreign applicant)
5) Other documents (if any) e.g. military conscription document, name-change certificate, marriage certificate
6) Curriculum Vitae (CV)
7) 2 letters of Recommendation
The name of eligible candidates for examination and interview shall be listed within March 2017 on http://www.mahidol.ac.th/muthai/ or www.op.mahidol.ac.th/orpr/
Date of Announcement: 26 January 2017
Assoc.Prof.Thanya Subhadrabandhu, M.D.
Vice President for Human Resouces
Acting President of Mahidol University
Attachment for Announcement of Mahidol University on 26 January 2017
Unit: Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies (IHRP)
1) Earned doctorate degree in either Human Rights, Peace Studies, or other related fields in Social Science.
2) Specialize in the fields of Human Rights and/or Peace Studies.
3) Have experiences in research and teaching on Human Rights and/or Peace Studies
4) Be proficient user of English language. Applicant English Proficiency Test result must meet the Criteria for English Language Examination for University Employee, B.E. 2559:
IELTS (Academic Moduel) minimum overall score of 6 or;
TOEFL iBT (Internet-based) minimum score of 79 or;
TOEFL ITP minimum score of 550 or;
TOEFL CBT minimum score of 213
5) Be willing to participate in social services activities.
Responsibilities and Job description:
1) Manage courses and teach in the courses under academic programs of IHRP.
2) Develop academic courses and participate in developing potential research plan in compliance with IHRP’s policies and strategies.
3) Manage academic and social services activities in IHRP.
4) Assist in curriculum and academic program management upon request.
5) Conduct research.
6) Perform other duties as assigned.
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3) 2 letters of Recommendation
4) Examples of 2-3 selected academic writings or publications on Human Rights and/or Peace Studies
Examination Process: Consider from Application documents, academic presentation and interview
Salary: 31,500 Baht per month (for lecturer with PhD. Qualification)
(Additional amount may be added to the salary for work experience and job related experience)